By accessing and using this website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your province or state of residence or that you are the age of majority in your province or state of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this website.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. When you visit our website, you agree that information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information collected automatically and/or provided by WordPress: When you visit our website, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. Further, as this website utilizes WordPress hosting, your information may also be provided to us by WordPress. Such information includes, but is not limited to:
- information from your interaction with our website, including, but not limited to device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the website, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- information collected through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Information you provide to us: When interacting with our website, you may provide personal information to us, including but not limited to your full name and/or user name, email address, address, etc. We remind you that information that you choose to make public, such as by “liking” and/or commenting on our website, is disclosed publicly. Further, we may collect information through your search queries, submissions and/or calculations on our website, such as relating to home searches (location, price bracket, etc.), mortgage calculator, moving costs calculator, etc., which are then saved to a contact record on our FollowUpBoss CRM software.
Collection and transfer of your personal information to and by third parties:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable legislation and regulations. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purpose without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third party vendors, such as Google (Alphabet), Follow Up Boss and Facebook (Meta), through use of their technologies, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Follow Up Boss CRM and Meta Conversions API, to allow tracking technologies and re-marketing services on our website through the use of first party cookies and third party cookies to, among other things, analyze and track users’ use of the website, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity and by accessing our site, you consent to the collection, disclosure and use of your information by and to these third party vendors. You are encouraged to review their privacy policies (for Follow Up Boss at: https://www.followupboss.com/privacy; for Meta at: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy; for Google at: https://policies.google.com/privacy) and contact and contact them directly for responses to your question. However, if you do not want any information to be collected and used by tracking technologies, you can visit the third party vendor for opt-out options. However, cookies and other tracking technologies are used in some areas of our website to enable the functionality of such areas and ease of use for those people visiting. You may change your Internet browser settings to prevent your computer from accepting cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you may decline is acceptance; however, please note that if you disable cookies, you may not experience optimal performance of our website.
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to facilitate your engagement with our website;
- to facilitate referrals to trusted business partners upon your request, including movers, lawyers, home inspectors, brokers, etc.;
- to personalize, measure and improve our content, ads and marketing; and
- to communicate with you, by e-mail, push notification, text message (SMS) or by telephone, such as to obtain feedback and improve marketing for and on our website and services.
We may also share your personal information with:
- service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us administer this website, such as financial service providers and technical support; and/or
- certain third parties such as intellectual property rights holders, supervisory authorities, tax authorities, police and other regulatory authorities if we are required to do so by law or in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Subject to the above, user records are regarded as confidential and will not be divulged to third parties. Users have the right to request copies of all user records we keep pertaining to the specific user making the request, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Where appropriate, we shall issue users with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will keep the personal information we collect for the longer of the time period required by law or required to administer this website. We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures that limit the risk of loss, abuse, authorized access, disclosure and alteration.
DISCLAIMER NOTICE – Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this website is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we:
- exclude all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website; and
- exclude all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or whether you have advised us of the possibility of such potential loss), damages related to death, injury, health and/or safety, damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
Links to this Website
If you create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this Website
We do not monitor or review the content of third party websites which are linked to from this website, including, but not limited to www.royallepage.ca. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such third party websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these third party websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of these third party websites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other third party website connected to this website or accessed through this website yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright/Trade Marks Notice
Our contact information can be found on the Contact link on our website.
We are not liable to you for any failure to perform any obligation which is due to an event beyond our control including but not limited to any act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood, epidemic, pandemic or any other natural or manmade eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen.
Notification of Changes